Wireless Mesh Test Bed: Multi-hop wireless mesh networks can be a very cost effective network for supporting large distributed communications with applications ranging from mobile wireless broadband to Military usage. Testing mobility of mesh networks involves physically moving devices around inside the shield room of the lab or using simulation techniques with questionable accuracy. Accurate test environments require a combination of the two. This is accomplished by putting wireless nodes into RF shielded enclosures. Antennas are removed and replaced with cables that connect wireless devices to the Quintech mesh network test solution which includes any-to-any connections with on/off switching and attenuators to simulate distance. Using this solution, devices can be interconnected with attenuation creating diverse network topologies with complete reproducibility. The switches can be remotely reconfigured in milliseconds, changing connections and attenuations.
Such a test bed can be used for testing LTE Direct devices, WiFi mesh routers, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) mesh, small cells mesh backhaul, SON interference control, ad-hoc and sensor networks. Quintech’s wireless mesh network test bed is a scalable, controllable and cost-effective solution for these technologies.
Features & Benefits
- Scalable to support 8, 16, 32, 64 and 128 nodes
- Emulation of nodes joining, leaving, grouping and splitting of mesh networks using the Quintech systems ability to provide real time switching and attenuation of all individual nodes
- Development, testing and verification of the upper layer protocols in realistic scenarios
- Controlled free space environment emulation to enable performance test of Packet loss, Latency and Throughput
- Parallel development using multiple test systems which can be integrated for larger mesh networks; Reduction of development and testing time